How to add mati...
How to add matic to metamask
You can unlock a world of possibilities by adding Matic to your Metamask wallet. In our dedicated article, we will provide a comprehensive guide on how to seamlessly integrate Matic tokens into your Metamask wallet. By following the step-by-step instructions, you can gain access to a wide array of options for utilizing your Matic tokens. From decentralized applications (dApps) and decentralized exchanges (DEXs) to staking, the article explores the various opportunities available. Expand your crypto horizons and maximize the potential of your Matic tokens by incorporating them into your Metamask wallet today. In the following article for a you'll get information seamless integration process of Polygon Network on Metamask and start exploring the possibilities!
There are a few reasons why you might want to add Polygon network to Metamask:
- To access dApps on Polygon: You might consider adding Polygon Network to access the dApps.
- Buying Tokens: You can buy coins/tokens without paying high gas fees (whether ETH, MATIC, or any of the ERC20 tokens you can imagine, since Polygon is an EVM-compatible blockchain)
Also Read: How to stake matic
1. Open your MetaMask wallet and log into it.
2. From the account options, which there is an icon, go to “Settings.”
3. In the settings icon, select “Networks.”
4. Press the “Add Network” button.
5. You’ll be directed to a new screen. Here you will have to add the details to connect to the Polygon network.
Now enter the following information and press save:
Network Name: Polygon
New RPC URL (Choose one of them):
Block Explorer URL: https://polygonscan.com
6. Once you fill out the information, you'll be brought back to your wallet screen. There are two key indicators that the Polygon network was added to your MetaMask wallet. The two red boxes will confirm it. The first box indicates the MATIC token standard, and the bottom right highlights if the “Polygon was successfully added."
7. Once you’ve added the Polygon network to MetaMask, you’ll be able to check your MATIC balance and interact with the dApps built on Polygon.
Lower gas fees: Polygon is a Layer 2 scaling solution for Ethereum, which means that it can support decentralized applications (dApps) without the high gas fees that are often associated with Ethereum.
Read More: How to Earn Matic Staking Rewards?
So, hopefully now you got to understand why and how you can add Polygon network to the MetaMask wallet. To summarise adding the Polygon network to the MetaMask wallet, you take the following steps:
In the MetaMask mobile application, go to Settings -> Networks -> Add Network. Then, copy-paste the Polygon network details given above.
Now, you can send and receive MATIC on your MetaMask wallet and access your favourite dApps as and whenever you wish to.
Q) What is Metamask ?
Ans) MetaMask is a cryptocurrency wallet which allows the users to store, send, receive, and interact with Ethereum-based cryptocurrencies and decentralized applications (dapps). It is available as an extension on browsers and as a mobile application.
MetaMask is a non-custodial wallet, which means that the users take full control of their private keys and funds. This means that users are responsible for their own security and should take steps to protect their keys, such as writing them down on a piece of paper and storing them in a safe place.
It is a popular wallet to interact with dapps, which are applications that run on the blockchains including the Ethereum Blockchain. Dapps are used for a variety of purposes, such as social networking, finance, and gaming.
Q) What are the benefits of adding the Polygon network to MetaMask?Ans) Few benefits of adding the Polygon network to MetaMask are:
Q) What is Matic?
Ans) Matic is the native cryptocurrency on the Polygon network. Polygon is a Layer 2 scaling solution which ensures to improve the growth and performance of the Ethereum Blockchain. It aims to improve some of the major issues that Ethereum faces, including the high gas fees, slow transactions and limited scalability.
Join Stader’s newsletter
Get the latest updates, new DeFi strategies and exclusive offers right in your email box